5 Facts About Eyelid Surgery
Our eyes are one of the key ways we communicate, and they are one of the first features other people notice about you. But if they’re showing signs of aging, or you’re self-conscious about sagging or excess skin and fat around the eyes, it can make you feel hesitant to approach people or self-conscious about your appearance.
As we age, the skin and muscle around the eyes naturally starts to stretch or sag, and genetics can sometimes cause the sagging to be more noticeable. Although sun protection and skin creams with anti-aging ingredients can help improve the eye area, they cannot correct the drooping, sagging, and puffiness that occurs as gravity and time take their toll.
That’s one of the reasons eye lift surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a very popular cosmetic procedure today. Today’s blepharoplasty surgical techniques can give patients a younger, brighter, more lifted appearance to their eyes, which in turn can make your whole face look more youthful and refreshed.
If you’ve been wondering if an eye lift is right for you, here are a few things you need to know:
- An eye lift can correct a number of problems, including excess skin or fat above or below the eyes, bags and puffiness under the eyes, and sagging of the upper or lower eyelids.
- The results of an eye lift can make a dramatic improvement in your overall look – but it still looks like you. Many patients report that others notice a positive, brightened appearance to their face, but cannot tell that they had cosmetic surgery.
- Some insurance companies may offer coverage for blepharoplasty, if you have excess skin or tissue that interferes with your vision.
- Incisions are carefully placed in areas that are very inconspicuous, so scarring is minimal. Your cosmetic surgeon will typically make incisions in the natural fold of the eyelid for minimal scarring and the best possible appearance.
- Most eye lift procedures are outpatient, so you can go home the same day.
Your eyes are a unique and beautiful part of your face, so your cosmetic surgeon should customize the procedure for you. Before you decide to have the procedure done, you should discuss your wishes and expectations with a cosmetic surgeon who is experienced in performing eye lift surgery. Your surgeon can tell you what to expect during and after the procedure, and can answer any questions you may have before you make your decision.
GLOW Surgical Arts offers a variety of cosmetic surgery and minimally invasive procedures to help you look and feel more attractive. Request a free consultation online, or call GLOW Surgical Arts at (650) 241-2209.